Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Holiday Gift Ideas For The Littles

Holiday Gifts- Raising Iowa Blog
^^ My little Elf On The Shelf

Although there is much more to the meaning of Christmas than receiving gifts, it's still a very fun way of celebrating! I can remember back as a kid or even adult how extremely spoiled we were by our parents Santa, I thought about Christmas all year long because of it. It's such a fun holiday to celebrate.

It didn't hurt that our Uncle disguised as Santa Claus came to our house Christmas eve, stomped on our roof leading us to believe all the reindeer just landed. Our parents would come get us out of bed so we could peak around the corner to watch him in his gorgeous Santa suit, lay out gifts under the tree. Then eat our cookies and milk while writing us a sweet note about our behavior that year. We were convinced!! When my Mama finally decided to tell me Santa wasn't real, I cried my eyes out!

So now I am so excited to keep the spirit of Santa going and see my very own children's eyes light up each year and look forward to celebrating our Savior's birth in the most exciting ways possible. As much as I loved being spoiled I'm trying to be a bit more practical, at least while they are young!

I had a client of mine tell me the best gifting idea to live by; something they want and something they need, something to wear and something to read! So this year I am actually sticking to it. I thought I would share what they will be opening if you are looking for any gift ideas for toddlers!

Each of them will be getting these matching robes and slippers (Deacon got these slippers) for the item they "need." We go through so many towels around here and they still always seem to fight over the same one so this is such a perfect gift they can snuggle up in all year long after baths or just to stay warm.

I got them each a book,  this one was a recommendation to make our night time routine go a little more smoothly.  The girls picked out twin dolls and since Deacon is obsessed with music and singing he will be getting this! Something to wear I decided on shoes because I simply couldn't pass up Freshly Picked black Tuesday sale! Deacon got a pair of boots from Old Navy.  Last but not least Santa Claus will be bringing the kids a teepee to add to the kid's corner in our family room.

It feels good to already be finished at least with all the kids, and not scrambling around last minute for gifts.  Stockings I haven't finished yet but I plan on grabbing some fun little things between now and Christmas!

I hope everyone has the happiest Thanksgiving tomorrow spending time with family and reflecting on everything you're thankful for! I am so grateful for my family, life wouldn't make sense without them!
Holiday Gifts- Raising Iowa Blog
^^Throwing it back to last year on Christmas! After tomorrow the tree goes up!!

If your a black Friday shopper, have a safe and fun weekend snagging up all those great deals! 

xo
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment