Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Our December

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season so far! I still can't believe Christmas is THREE days away!! I did end up skipping the Elf on the shelf, we will probably join in on all the fun next year. I could just see the fights breaking out to hold the little thing all day, every day! Better luck next year... And to be honest I simply can not imagine adding one more thing to the to-do list this month.

As you can see I have unplugged and been preoccupied with so much past few months. I apologize for the absence but I'm looking forward to relaunching the blog and getting back to a regular schedule of posting in the New Year!

 I thought I would share what we have been up to through some snapshots...
December Raising Iowa Blog
December Raising Iowa Blog
^^ Christmas Festival
December Raising Iowa Blog
 ^^Disney On Ice
December Raising Iowa Blog
^^ Christmas Walk And Shopping
^^ Christmas Dance Recital
December Raising Iowa Blog
^^ Christmas Party At Sports World

^^ Birthday Parties

We have been decorating and adding little decor here and there all month long to the point I feel like we just moved in all over again. Here is a little glimpse of our family room.
December Raising Iowa Blog
December Raising Iowa Blog
^^Holiday Bar Cart 
December Raising Iowa Blog




We have already attended a handful of events & parties along with a list of things to do for the remainder of the month. The kids have loved every bit of decorating and getting ready for the holidays!

I swear I spent a week straight taking all the "pre-lit" lights off our tree since they were all burnt out, talk about salvaging. I never recommend this to anyone. I didn't want to go out and buy a new tree if I could help it. So a week or so into December we finally had our tree all lit up and decorated.

If I let them, the Holidays can easily get the best of me by amplifying everything from my split with their Dad to the overwhelming moments of being a single mom. I find comfort in family and remembering what Christmas is truly all about. Our Savior's birth is the best thing we could ever celebrate. I try to put great emphases on that to my children and all we have to be grateful for! We truly are so blessed.

I am almost done with wrapping presents and looking forward to Christmas morning with my babes.  I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

God Bless!!
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment