Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Summer Favorites

We are soaking up every last minute of summer and crossing our fingers the sun shines well into fall. I thought I would post a small recap and a list of some of our favorite things so far this season.

 Lunch on the patio- This has been such a huge hit all summer long. I have written a few posts about it and if you follow me on snapchat: hollylc I'm sure you have seen quite a few snaps of us out and about! I highly recommend places that are family friendly with large patios. It's easy clean up and you disturb the least amount of people if your little one's noise level happens to rise like mine do.Favorite Things Raising Iowa
Favorite Things Raising Iowa
Favorite Things Raising Iowa
^^These were from the other day while we were out for Birthday dinners, more adults helping out is always a plus!!

Sun dresses for the girls and I- I have a love for dresses. They are so easy to throw on and work for almost any occasion. This dress I need to snag up while it's still in stock and on sale! White Dresses have been a hit this season and I love any maxi style. The twins love dresses almost as much as I do and the second they see me put one on they demand to change into a dress as well. (Although they would wear their Anna and Elsa dress every day of the week if they could.)

Deacon's Native shoes - My sweet baby boy has the fattest little feet and we have tried every shoe under the sun this summer. They all gave him blisters or fell off because we had to buy a size up just so it was wide enough! I picked up this pair of Native shoes on sale towards the end of the season. They are my favorite pair so far. They stay on his feet comfortably and can get wet! 

Ombre hair - I usually have pretty dark hair naturally and like to keep it that way. However I went lighter than usual this summer but left my base dark for low maintenance. I don't think you can ever go wrong with ombre! 
Favorite Things Raising Iowa
Pandora country radio -We listen to music constantly on Pandora and I am loving all the good Summer lovin' country tunes, the kids sing and rock it out in the car!

Fruit smoothies -Smoothies are such a hit around our house. I have a NutriBullet that I make all our smoothies in. I usually don't follow any certain recipe, but have a few pinned on Pinterest. I just load the bullet with different kinds of fruit, ice and orange juice and it's ready in seconds! 

Starbucks Frapuccinos - These are my weakness! I hate being cold so I don't ever get them in the winter but come spring/summer it's on! Plus they have so many special flavors throughout the Summer like this Birthday Cake one- Heaven. On. Earth. 
Favorite Things Raising Iowa

The Pool - We have tried to be at the pool or lake as much as possible this year but settle for our baby pool on most days. I don't recommend taking three toddlers to a public pool alone- I learned my lesson the hard way. 

I love fall but no where near ready to say goodbye to summer!!! I hope everyone is having a great week.

Happy Hump Day!
xo
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment