Monday, August 10, 2015

The County Fair

We headed to the fair on Sunday after church. Thankfully we managed to squeeze a short nap in before hand but it was still like running a marathon taken three toddlers to a fair. It wasn't 100° when we left the house but definitely felt like it walking around the fairgrounds! Maybe that was just the train I was pulling behind me or my sanity sweating out...
Raising Iowa County Fair
Raising Iowa County Fair
Apparently $40.00 at the fair only goes as far as two corn dogs, watermelon bites and a game. I guess that's pretty typical and just goes along with the territory. (Props to my parents though for all the fairs, carnivals and vacations we went on several times a year!) Whew!! 

Brooke and Livy played a fishing game that won them the saddest little stuffed toys. They insisted the lady give them a better one. The woman running the game stood firm in her decision regardless of the twins' argument. I felt bad, they were about 3 inches too short for any rides and needed more than one adult to accompany them. We then tried to see some of the animal acts but our wagon was too large to fit through the crowd to even get close enough to see! Another one bites the dust. 
Raising Iowa County Fair
Raising Iowa County Fair
Raising Iowa County Fair
Livy's sad face when we were trying to see the pig race :(

We were probably there less than an hour all together. It's safe to say our fair trip was unsuccessful not to mention I ran out of cash before I could even get a funnel cake! There's always next year right!? Ha. Once we got home the kids played outside for a bit and seemed just as happy right in our backyard. Brooke and Livy still were holding a grudge though and continued to ask why that lady at the fair was a "mean guy" and wouldn't give them the unicorn they wanted.
It's definitely becoming more challenging taking my littles' out alone. It's not even my stress level that holds me back (which can be maxed out some days) but more about their safety. Large crowds and busy traffic makes me nervous with three toddlers but we make due. The days are longggg, but the years are short my friends so sometimes all the effort in the world can still be worth the smile on their faces! 

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!! 

xo
-Holly
Shop Sources:
Floral Headwrap(borrowed from my twins) // Denim Vest // Cami // Cowgirl Boots
Train Wagon // Twins: Shorts // Boots: From a boutique in Nashville but Similar here 
Deacon's Shirt: Gap which has their fall friend's and family sale going on!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment