Sunday, August 2, 2015

Go Fish

We had an impromptu trip out to Go Fish, a river view restaurant I used to love. It has the best views and good food from what I remembered. I always say how stressful it is to take out all three littles' alone but I usually do it anyways. Just because I'm a single mom doesn't mean we shouldn't get to go places or do things as a family.
Go Fish Raising Iowa
As we arrived, I started seeing all the signs directing traffic and welcoming people for the small town festival of the year- Soon as I saw the signs I said oh crap...it's Princeton Day's! Livy said, "Mama! Go home and get our doggie, it's Princton's Day's" -so funny she even put two and two together. (Our dog was named after my home town)

 I was willing to take them out to eat but not prepared for an hour wait! That's just something you don't do with three toddlers. Not to mention all the roads were blocked off so it was quite a long walk. Things weren't going as planned so far. People were every where watching the race going on that Brooke and Livy just decided to join. They took off running while I'm carrying Deacon yelling after them to stop- they just kept right on. At least their cute......
Raising Iowa Go Fish
We finally got to the restaurant and there were no outside tables available (whole point of taking a road trip in the first place) as you can tell in previous posts I love being outdoors while we can. It's so much easier with children to just eat outside. We waited briefly while the twins danced around on the patio amongst tons of people. A table finally opened up and the hostess gave it to another party. She apologized to me and said they were a party of six so they needed the larger table!? Isn't that along the lines of discrimination??

Thankfully it didn't phase the kids, we settled for a spot indoors with a view of the bar that was looking pretty good at this point! Being I was out with my babes and the designated driver that wasn't happening either. Ha. The kids colored while waiting for our food we got near 45mintues later. Let me just say, the food was awful, over priced and the service wasn't the best. I hate to give bad reviews but this isn't a place I will be revisiting any time soon. It was not at all what I remembered. At least the kids' enjoyed themselves, sometimes that's all that matters!Raising Iowa Go Fish
Raising Iowa Go Fish
Raising Iowa Go Fish

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

xo
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment