Thursday, July 23, 2015

Summer Bag Essentials

These are my go to products that I try to always have on hand. I keep a "summer bag" packed and ready to go for any last minute decisions or plans we make. With three toddlers it's nearly impossible to just walk out the door on a whim.  I stopped using a diaper bag quite some time ago so now I just carry a large tote bag. This one I love even more than my elephant bag I snagged at the beginning of summer! ( I don't know what it is about elephants, but I'm obsessed!)

Aveda Sun Care line is a must if your spending lots of time at the pool. I spray their hair veil in both the twin's and my hair to help protect against UV damage. Their Lip Saver is also a must have! The twins' love to put on "lipstick" so they are all game.

I talked about sunscreens previously in this post, but I am all for sun protection and organic brands that don't have all the chemicals, especially for the kids. If we are outside for any long period of time I make sure they have it on.

Bug Spray is another must have especially living in the Midwest where the mosquitoes and gnats tend to be worse, this is another favorite brand of mine. Those who like to diy I will use a combo of vanilla, peppermint, and tea tree spray if I have it made up.

Last but not least, the obvious things to keep on hand, sunglasses for the littles' and myself, a throw blanket for chilly evenings and little swimmers in case we decide last minute to swim at my sisters or a stop at the splash pad etc. As we run out the door I will grab a few snacks or whatever to throw in my bag as well- just in case!

Thanks for reading, have a great day!!

xo
-Holly

2 comments: