Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Day At The Lake

Raising Iowa Lake
Raising Iowa Lake
Raising Iowa Lake
Crochet Swimsuit: Old Similar Here // Blanket // Beach Toys //  Similar Elephant Tote 

I've been dying to get my toes in the sand and take the kids to the beach this summer! Unfortunately we aren't located near any white sandy beaches, so we settled for a near by lake that was at least kid friendly. It was an unusually hot weekend so being near any body of water was a must!

Brooklyn and Livy are exceptionally brave around the water which can be nerve racking considering they don't know how to swim... at all. I have really dropped the ball on swim lessons with them but in my defense they needed two chaperons up until this year. We are trying to instill the fundamentals at least in the mean time.
Raising Iowa Lake
Raising Iowa Lake
Raising Iowa Lake
Livy had just gotten her life jacket off to play. I turned my back for a second and there she is half way into the lake thankfully still able to touch but with zero fear. I took off running after her and grabbed her- there were lifeguards on duty but it was still such a scary moment. Brooklyn was a little more cautious but still couldn't take my eyes off them for a second. Their Dad thankfully went with so it wasn't three against one like usual.

Deacon must be a natural beach babe. He loved digging in the dirty sand and being in the water. I never know because it truly depends on the day whether or not he likes the water. He was loving every minute of it though! The downfall is never thoroughly being able to get all the sand cleaned off- I'm still finding it at the bottom of our bags and in our shoes!

I am hoping to get a vaca planned toward the end of this summer. Somewhere with a beach, boat rentals and fishing where we can just enjoy time away together. We will see though, summer is flying by!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

xo
-Holly
Shop Similar Pieces Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment