Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Sun Protection

Raising Iowa Sun Protection
Rashguard (Sold out) Similar Here and Here // High Waisted Bottoms  // Fedora 

This is something I regret not thinking about way sooner in life! I am so much more sun conscience now and take measures to protect both the kids and my skin. Being an Esthetician I have plenty of knowledge on how the sun affects and ages our skin. Now that summer has begun I thought I would talk a little about safe and stylish ways to protect your skin!

Sunscreen is the most common form of protection. I use traditional sunscreens in moderation. I feel with the chemicals used in most sunscreens they can be just as harmful as a sunburn. I try to use other resources or stick to organic brands of sunscreen without all the added chemicals. Zinc oxide is an organic substance that shields your skin from the sun safely. This is one of my favorite brands to use!

Covering up isn't always easy on hot summer days! Rashguards are a great way to stay cool and protect larger areas of your skin from harmful rays. That way you can apply less sunscreen. The kids and I all have rashguard suits for the days we spend majority of our time out in the sun. Nordstrom has a great selection for the whole family!

Fedoras and or beach umbrellas are another great way to protect your face and scalp for longer periods of time in the sun. Of course large sunglasses are always a must as well! I love these and these!

Hope this gives you some encouragement to keep your skin protected and youthful looking! Enjoy the sun safely this summer!!

xo
-Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment