Monday, June 15, 2015

Our Little Outdoor Space

Our yard space is kind of limited, we have a good sized yard but majority of it meets a busier street than my comfort level with the kids and our dog. I like to stay in our fenced in area as much as possible. So this year I decided on a little patio makeover and I'm so excited it's finally finished and wanted to share!
RaisingIowa Outdoor Space
It was previously all concrete which was old and cracked. There was also a large flower bed taking up lots of space that created a muddy mess. This year I decided to invest in a patio that was more kid mom friendly where mud wasn't tracked all over the place. If I turned my head for even a second Deacon wound up with a mouth full of dirt on a regular basis, so I'm glad that's gone.

I'm not much of a DIY kinda girl, nor do I have the time so I hired a contractor for the job and was so pleased with his work! He laid all the brick and did underground gutters which is awesome! I can't tell you how many times the kids tripped over them before or how much ice piled up during the winter.

Here are some before and after pictures.....
RaisingIowa Outdoor Space
The contractor seriously broke up every piece of this concrete with a sludge hammer!! ^^
Raising Iowa Outdoor Space
Raising Iowa Outdoor Space
^^ This portion of our patio wasn't redone or updated but our cozy hammock was the perfect addition!

We will be utilizing this space all summer long with friends, kitty pools, lazy hammock days, picnics for every meal and possibly s'mores by the fire- IF we get the okay on the fire pit not being too close to the house! Eek.

xo
Holly

Shop similar patio furniture and accessories here:

2 comments:

  1. Patio looks so cute Holly! We don't have a kid friendly yard at all, definitely a must have for our next house someday! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm so happy it's finished, it makes such a difference when were outside! Your backyard at least looks amazing in photos;) Ya'll will have to stop by this fall when your back!

      Delete