Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My Fitness Routine

Raising Iowa Fitness Routine
Shoes // Weights// iPod (updated version)
**My iPod has seriously been around for a bajillion years and still works great!! So I've felt no need to upgrade but I do want to invest in a pair of these!

Now that I've recovered, for the most part- I thought I would share my personal fitness routine. Finding time to workout isn't easy when your a single mom or a mom in general! The day can easily get away from you before you know it. I know people set their alarm early and workout first thing but I'm not an early riser nor do I get a solid night sleep with three babes, so a 6am workout is out of the question!

I find it's easiest for me to just include the kids in whatever I'm doing fitness wise. I try walking a minimum of two miles almost every day-weather permitting. So we take out our Step2 Choo Choo Wagon for a long walk around our neighborhood. The kids and the wagon together total over 100 pounds so I am wore out in a hurry!!

I was told even after recovering from my surgery I shouldn't do crunches or sit-ups. Although my hernia was repaired, I still am left with Diastasis Recti which is a fancy term for abdominal separation. That makes working out a little more challenging but after some research and speaking with my Chiropractor I came up with some beneficial exercises I can do.
Raising Iowa Fitness
 I don't know the "technical terms" but here is my list of exercises I do:
Cat Exercise - 15 Reps (Arching your back)
Wall Extensions - 3 Reps holding for 10 seconds each time
Full Planks -3 Reps for 15-30 Seconds
Side Bridge - 3 Reps for 30-60 Seconds
Butt Lifts - 15 Reps (Always pulling in your belly)
Head Lifts - 15 Reps ( This is lying on your back like your going to do a sit-up, however instead you only lift your head keeping your shoulders and back flat on the ground while retracting your stomach on the lift) Hope that makes sense!
Side Stretch - 15 seconds legs bent to the side and neck turned in opposite direction holding for side stretch.
Bent Knee Leg Drops - 15 Reps (Lying on my back knees bent straight up from my pelvis, I slowly move my leg to the floor and gliding my heel out until my leg is completely straight and bringing it back to starting position repeating on both sides keeping tummy sucked in.)
RaisingIowa Fitness
RaisingIowa Fitness
Of course I always have little helpers^^ and a blog post just isn't complete without one of these little babes!

If any one knows of some safe exercises please do share! Hope every one is having a wonderful week!!

xo
-Holly
Shop Post Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment