Friday, May 22, 2015

Yay For The Weekend

^^ My little man fingering printing up the doors and being his busy mischievous little self!
Things have been prrrretty crazy around here past few days. When it rains, it pours as they say, although that's a tad bit dramatic. A couple years ago I made a decision (while I was equipped with a full blown pregnancy brain) to fly to Nashville and buy our suv that I was sure at the time was the best car. 

Fast forward to this week, I was told after not even two years of owning it, the value has not only decreased substantially but also 3k worth of work is needed. After reading reviews online and doing some research it sounds like other people with similar issues paid to have them fixed, to only turn around and them repeat themselves. First and foremost is my children's safety so I am now looking into getting something different.

The situation has been a little stressful to say the least. Our options are pretty limited with three small toddlers all still occupying bulky carseats and I REFUSE to drive a mini van. I realize, I may be "mini van status" but it's just not happening! So the past few days have been spent at my least favorite place, car dealerships. Luckily I ran into a girlfriend who is now working for a dealer so she has made the experience a little better, but still!

I don't know if the moon is full this week or what, but it's just been an off week for us. Some days, in a house full of toddlers I just want to get out a pair of sound proof headphones and call it a day! I more than anything want to cherish each and every moment with my babies BUT, some moments aren't as easy to cherish.

When your in the midst of an already stressful day and cranky nap-less toddlers it can make you lose your mind in a hurry.  The crappy weather and long work week just put the icing on the cake for us all. We are in much need of a fun, long, relaxing holiday weekend.

The kids are spending the night with their father while I attend my long time friend/cousin's bachelorette party on Saturday. Thankfully her type of party consists of wine tasting and shopping in a cute little historic town just few hours away. Perfect timing, wine to the rescue!

Then I need to pick up our house that was hit by my three mini tornadoes all week long. It's amazing what I actually get accomplished in 48 hours being kid free! It's always bitter sweet because I hate being away from them but it's about the only way to even slightly clean up and get things back in order around here. I quite possibly will be picking them up in a different vehicle if all goes well!

Hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Weekend!!!

xo
-Holly

2 comments: