Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

The weekend flew by, but thankfully I still have a few days off to enjoy at home with the babes. My cousins "bachelorette party" was Saturday, it was so fun but obviously very chill and mostly just family. We couldn't have had better weather for patio drinking and outdoor shopping! I finally tried my first Moscow mule with the bride to be and loved it!! Her mom was so outrageous and hilarious as always which kept the day interesting.
Raising Iowa Memorial Day
Memorial Day
I was a little stressed since I felt rushed to get back to the kids. Honestly I'm hardly ever without them and miss them when I am. Their father isn't the easiest to get along with and always tends to rush any plans I do have so sometimes it feels pointless to even make any.

I picked the kids up in our new suv and they were a little skeptical of where all their toys, stuffed animals and movies went but I assured them I got all their things out of our old car (that was packed full of crap.) I'm going to try braking that habit this time. They are in a totally different (tight) seating arrangement so we will see how it all goes. 

There are many benefits of being married and one of many is having a man around to do all the installations and dirty work around the house. Car seats apparently aren't the easiest task to install or at least not in a tight space. I tried every different direction and angle. After two hours, broken nails, a few txts and a cut on my hand the job was done. In my defense it was dark out! 

Our car seats are a larger model with high safety ratings which is why I'm not keen on switching just yet so I'm hoping when I get them checked over it's fine until the girls are in boosters which will make a world of difference with the seating arrangement. Our new Suv seats 8, but it's compacted. Over all I'm happy with the purchase and feel much more safe driving, which is what's most important.

Sunday it pretty much rained all day, we had a playdate with one of our friends from church. The kids had a blast together- poor Deacon wants to keep up with the big kids and took a tumble on the the stairs :( :( :( thankfully he was okay though!! Memorial Day we had such amazing weather and enjoyed almost every minute of it outside. Then my littles and I went out for dinner and Mee-Maw stopped by to say hello and helped me out at the restaurant, which was nice. 
Raising Iowa Memorial Day
Raising Iowa Memorial Day


A sincere thank you to all those who have served our Country. Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!! 

xo
-Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment