Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

We had such a busy fun weekend! The girls had their dance recital pictures on Friday so we made a girls day out of it. We did some shopping then headed to the salon so they could get their hair done in an vintage updo which is the requirement/theme for this years recital. They love anything to do with hair and makeup, they had a blast. It was a tad stressful trying to get them to sit still and not mess up their hair before pictures.....But I'm sure when I get their pictures back it will be a classic with red lipstick on their teeth and their hair sticking up everywhere! :)
Raising Iowa Moether Day
Raising Iowa Mothers day
Saturday we celebrated Mother's Day out at my Aunt's house, it felt great catching up and spending time with family. The twins were literally counting down the days until we were able to go. My Mom was supposed to meet us there for dinner but got held up at a seminar she was attending out of town and missed it:(
Raising Iowa Mothers day
We love this girl right here ^^ Can't say enough good things about her generosity, love and support over the years.
Raising Iowa Mothers day
Raising Iowa Mothers Day
Raising Iowa Mothers Day
I couldn't help but praise God and feel his presence at church on Mother's Day. I felt so humbled and grateful for my three healthy babies and my Mother whom I love more than anything. I don't know where I would be without her. My heart goes out to those who mourn the loss of their sweet Mama's, the woman who are desperate for a baby and can't conceive or the unthinkable, Mother's who have lost a child. May God comfort you and help you find peace.

I have so much to be thankful for and Mother's Day was a special reminder of that! Not because my kids had any less tantrums (maybe even more than usual.) Not because I was pampered or treated any differently, but because it's a reminder what motherhood is all about. The life long sacrifices and unconditional love that streams through us each and every day.

Right when we woke up the girls told me good morning with the sweetest little tone then said "Happy Muderr's Da Mama" and it melted my heart. We had a low key day at home relaxing and cuddled up since it was cold and cloudy. I feel extremely blessed and thank God every day, and twice on Sunday for my beautiful, precious souls who made me a Mom.

Last but not least, thank you Mom for everything you have done for me. You are such a faithful, loving, beautiful woman both inside and out. I don't know if I have ever sincerely apologized for all I put you through growing up. You deserve a metal! You are such a strong, intelligent, independent woman. I couldn't ask for a better example. After becoming a Mama myself I can emphasize with you so much more and understand exactly where you were coming from. If only I would have listened back then. I love you with every piece of my heart!
Raising Iowa Mothers Day
Raising Iowa Mothers Day


Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day weekend!!

xo
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment