Thursday, May 28, 2015

Finding Peace In The Midst Of Chaos

Bedding // Throw (sold out) Similar Here // Robe // Floral Pj's 

Sometimes the hardest thing to do when your a parent is find some peace. At least for me I find this to be true. I face many struggles as a single mom day to day. The parental load was meant for two, pretty simply put. However in today's society it's not always so simple.

Our home is full of chaos most days. Three energetic toddlers keep every moment interesting to say the least. The famous quote I hear on a daily basis from random strangers is "I don't know how you do it." Sometimes I really don't know how I do, at least without a mental break down, but with the grace of God and my wonderful support system I do my best!

A while back I had a meltdown in result of an overwhelming week. I reached out to my dear friend- who has been there through thick and thin and listened to many rants over the years despite her busy schedule, bless her heart. She is a wonderful Mother to two beautiful daughters, a Godly wife and busy nurse practitioner at the Children's hospital. She has always been an inspiration and never ceases to amaze me with all her godly loving advice she has to offer.

Her and her family have been my saving grace in many ways. I feel extremely blessed to be able to call her my friend and God Mother to my children. Shortly after our talk I received a gift from her that had such a huge impact on my life and parenting style. The book, From Chaos to Peace I truly believe every parent should read, because odds are if your a parent your life has consisted of chaos at one point or another!

The book has been a huge reminder to take time for devotionals and truly be present with God. Which makes such a difference in my life. Something I am guilty of not devoting near enough of my time to. Raising children is difficult and I simply can't imagine doing it without my faith. I can never have enough patience and grace raising three little imperfect humans. When I think about how much grace Jesus extends to us and his unconditional, undeserving love we receive it becomes easier to do the same.

After reading the book, I feel more encouraged to give my troubles to God which takes some of the fear out of parenting. I took a step back and reevaluated my own behavior and focused on what type of Mother I want to be. Setting good examples and laying the simple ground rule of mutual respect is one of the many things I will be implementing in our home more.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week and finding time to relax and recoup!

xo
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment