Sunday, April 26, 2015

Recovering

I recently had surgery to repair a hernia that I've had since childhood and after having my babies it got worse. Let me start by saying I've had two C-sections, broke several different bones and had stitches all in the past. I can handle pain- but this was pretty rough!! 

Thankfully my mama has been staying with us, I wouldn't have been able to do it without her help.  I'm not supposed to be lifting for a couple weeks which has been torture for us all so I'm hoping all the pain and inconvenience will be worth it once I'm completely healed. 
Raising Iowa Surgery
Raising Iowa Surgery
Mee-Maw's stay-cation at our house has seriously been heaven for the kids! I'm sure she is ready to be back home but the girls would keep her here forever if they could, and I probably would too. She is a saint to us all. 

I went back and forth on if and when to have the surgery but since I'm done having babies and would like to start working out it was medically necessary.  The tear in my abdominal wall was causing some digestive problems and then some not to mention the ugly belly button that never went back in after having my children. 

I'm not real keen on diets or strict work outs. I have never owned a gym membership and probably never will. I'm not fawned of big muscles on girls or guys for that matter so that's not my goal. I will just focus on being healthy, toned and strengthening my over all core.

With an umbilical hernia it was impossible to have a flat stomach no matter what I did so I'm hoping this will help! Not making any promises to myself. Although having twins and then another good sized baby has enriched my life beyond measures- I definitely can't say the same about my body. Regardless, it was obviously worth it! 

Mee-Maw has done nothing but spoil me and the littles while she's been here with home-cooked meals, cleaning the house and playing with the kids. Her and Papa got the girls new princess dresses, their favorite thing to do at home is play dress up.  They played lots of games and been able to spend some quality time together while I got some rest. 
Raising Iowa Staycation
Personalized Crowns (On Sale!) // Princess Dress

Praying for a speedy recovery and hoping to be back to myself soon! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

xo
-Holly

2 comments:

  1. random new follower, and I'm not even sure how I found your blog ? lol But your kids are adorable and you're just so pretty! I hope you're feeling better and that the pain is easing. I haven't experience such a thing myself, but I've heard it's not awesome.

    ps. Aren't mama's the best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha! Aw, Yes Mama's are the best!! Mine has been heaven sent over the past week. Thank you for your sweet comment and well wishes! I'm moving around much better:) Thanks so much for reading!
      xoxo

      Delete