Monday, April 27, 2015

My Skin Care Regimen

Raising Iowa Aveda Skin Care Routine
I am an Esthetician so I wanted to share some tips and my personal skin care regimen with you. It's still important as a mom to take time for myself and care for my skin. Once all my littles are asleep I'm exhausted but I make it a point to always cleanse my skin before I go to bed. That is why I love Aveda's shammy cloth because it's a quick way to cleanse and remove any eye makeup.


With very few exceptions I use all Aveda skin and hair care products. I've worked with a large variety of product lines and for many reasons, Aveda remains my favorite. The ingredients are all plant based and naturally derived. This alone makes me feel better about what I'm using on my skin as well as what I use on my clients.

I put together a step by step list of my daily routine and some products I  highly recommend.
Raising Iowa Skin Care
Raising Iowa Skin Care
Raising Iowa Skin Care
Robe: (old) Similar Here

Using a dampened Shammy Cloth I pre-cleanse by applying Aveda's beautifying composition to loosen any makeup. This is so I don't strip my natural moisture barrier while cleansing since my skin tends to be on the dry side.

 I cleanse with this Brightening Cleanser which helps even out skin tone and diminish any sun spots leaving my face clean and bright.

Twice a week I exfoliate with this Tourmaline refiner, which is infused with bamboo extract to remove any dead skin cells on the surface that dulls up my skin. This instantly reveals a brighter more even tone! (I always use this in my shower verses at the sink- it tends to be a little messy.) *I highly recommend exfoliating at least once a week.

I use Botanical Kinetics Energizing Eye Cream every day. This works wonders for any dark circles under my eyes- in result of those sleepless nights called motherhood. It also visibly reduces puffiness and keeps my eye area moisturized. I LOVE IT!

Lastly, right before I apply my face make up I use a generous amount of Tourmaline Charged Moisturizer. It hydrates while soothing out any fine lines leaving my skin with an optimal glow. It works the same as any hydrating foundation primer and allows you to skip a step in the mornings;)

Hope this helps anyone looking to step up their skin care routine! Facials are always highly recommended as well- if not for healthier skin, the hour of relaxation and peace can do wonders for your sanity.

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

xo
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment