Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Twin-Talk

Twin language Is. A. Real. Thing. 
Raising Iowa Twin talk

My twin girls were very in sync from the start, same size and all. Which hardly happens. When they were a few months old and started to "babble" they would talk back and forth all day. I thought nothing of it in the beginning. The twins are now three years old and not much has changed. 

I could tell what they were saying majority of the time. However, I've had to "translate" for people that weren't around muchThey carried on full conversations that reminded me of the minions at times- if you know anything about the movie Despicable Me they are right on cue. 

I spoke with their pediatrician a few times regarding speech and they never seemed too concerned about it. Twins tend to run behind in development in one category or another. I've been working with them and encouraging them to at least try pronouncing each and every word when their talking. It's worked some, but they favor (their language) over anything else. They are constantly improving though and others can actually understand them.

I felt better after speaking with other twin moms, and realizing its something they definitely have in common with other twins their age. At this point I've decided not to have them see a speech therapist. All children develop at their own pace whether they are multiples or not.

My girls are the closest, most sympathetic loving sisters I've ever been around. They don't want the other left out. They always share- well depending on the toy. They make sure things are evenly distributed and they have each others back already at such a young age. God blessed me with such amazing twin girls. They are both so smart and beautiful.

Here is a video of the girls lost in conversation last summer which I love that I caught on camera. It captured their personalities so well. It has been so much fun watching them grow, develop and build such a unique bond with one another. They are besties even on the days they fight like cats and dogs<3


Twins are such a blessing from God and I thank him every day for choosing me to be their mommy!

xo
-Holly 




No comments:

Post a Comment