Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Cozied In For The Season

It's been such perfect fall weather!! Last year at this time we already had a few inches of snow on the ground. However, today they are predicting quite the storm. Eek.  It couldn't have been better timing to replace my electric fireplace. The kids and I love to snuggle around it in the mornings.
Raising Iowa November
^^A post soon to come on how to paint a fireplace, along with a full reveal of our family room.... which I am so excited with the turn out! Redecorating has been a lot of fun but some what challenging with everything else we have going on.

Livy and Brooklyn have been begging for me to get out all our Christmas decorations (which I don't typically do until Thanksgiving) and staying true to tradition I compromised and let them have out their favorite abominable snowman pillow pet ahead of time and saving the rest for later!
Raising Iowa November

I love summer but I am all about the cozy months of fall and winter. Sweatshirts, wine, and movies... Yes please! Since I swapped out my closet and clothes rack in my room back in September I've actually been looking forward to it cooling down so I can wear all my cozy over sized sweaters, with this one being one of my new favorites. It's so warm and such a great layering piece.

After Halloween was over I realized the twins don't have a lot of clothes that fit them still for this season at least without bats and pumpkins on them so I went on a little shopping spree and got the cutest things. This sweatshirt I wish came in my size, along with these adorable tulle skirts from Old Navy. 

We are busy as ever and looking forward to the Holidays, I am still on the fence if I have any brain space left for the famous "Elf On The Shelf" I know the kids would love it BUT it's just one more thing I have to add to my list. I can hardly keep up as it is.

We were fortunate to get out last night for, what might have been one last wagon ride of the season if we start getting all the cold weather like they are predicting we might be staying in for awhile!
Raising Iowa November

Raising Iowa November


Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their November!

xo
-Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment