Sunday, March 1, 2015

Birthday Party

Deacon's first birthday party goes down as a success! Thankfully I had a lot of help from family. All the time and preparation was well worth it to see him have such a good time. We had our Dr.Seuss themed party. I did light bites and sips instead of a full meal which worked out great. We served green eggs and ham (of course) a fruit and chocolate tray and cat in the hat cookies. 

It was truly a great turn out despite the bad weather. Thanks to all those who came out and helped us celebrate! Deacon was spoiled with so many amazing gifts! We handed out Dr. Seuss goodie bags for all the kids that came, including Deacon's sissys. 


I was a little nervous with Deacon being so fussy through out the day due to teething but he had enough to distract his mind and fully enjoyed himself once guest started to arrive. He was given his very own cake and wasn't exactly sure what to do, it was made with fondant icing so that was a little harder for him to dig into at first. Wasn't long before he made a huge mess and had a belly full of cake! The girls also had their very own mini cakes, and since they watched their little brother make a gigantic mess it only made sense for them to do the same.... Not!
I thank God daily for our wonderful friends and family and all their support. We are so blessed! I watched Deacon's birth video the other night and it brought tears to my eyes. My baby boy is getting so big! I was especially reminded of that when our friends brought their new baby to the party. I certainly miss those newborn snuggles but loving this stage just as much, if not more. Deacon Wesley we love you more every day. Your the coolest guy and complete our little family. I pray God blesses you always.
Our house is covered in wrapping paper and cake crumbs so I will be spending the day getting everything back in order!

xo
-Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment