Sunday, August 23, 2015

Campfire On The Patio

It got down into the 50's the other night! Totally not ready for that yet but we threw some wood in the fire pit for the first time and had ourselves a camp fire patio fire. I made a quick grocery run with sweatshirts, blankets and s'mores on my mind. (It doesn't take much for me to be cold) so I was looking forward to a warm cozy fire.
Raising Iowa Campfire
Raising Iowa Campfire
Raising Iowa Campfire
^^ Deacon just pre-gaming before his s'more was ready.

The s'mores were a total hit with all three kids but talk about a mess right before bed. Every inch of them smelled like a fire pit with marshmallows stuck in their hair and faces covered in chocolate. I say it was a success!! Deacon had to leave the party first to go to bed and he was not having it.
^^I can't have a s'more without peanut butter- I thank Girl Scouts for that one, but it cuts the prep time in half using peanut butter cups verses hershey chocolates and spreading peanut butter on each graham cracker. *The peanut butter cups don't melt near as fast though. So keep that in mind if you want to try it out;) 

I was feeling festive so I picked up some Octoberfest beer while I was at the store. After the babes went to sleep I enjoyed some peace and quiet by the fire and had myself a beer! 
Raising Iowa Campfire

Cheers!! 
xo 
-Holly

2 comments:

  1. So jelly over your chilly weather!! Bring on the pumpkin and seasonal beer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we never know what to expect up here, it can be 80° and snow in the same week! Loving the little taste of fall we are getting though:)

      Delete