Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekend With The Flu

Raising Iowa Flu
I couldn't wait to be back with my babies after spending hours in a hospital due to the stomach bug/dehydration. It's the worst when us mama's get sick because there is no such thing as time off. My littles rely on me for anything and everything but I was happy they were able to spend some time at their dad's so they didn't catch it! I'm pretty sure Deacon already had it early last week just thankfully not as bad!

When I was pregnant with Deacon this mama bear became a total germophobe! I knew it was hard enough keeping the twins healthy let alone a new babyI limited outside contact with anyone even remotely sick. I was frantic about keeping my kids healthy (Rightfully so) I carried around disinfectant wipes like it was my job! My children aren't in daycare, which is a blessing and over all the kids stayed pretty healthy with the exception of minor colds here and there. 

However after this weekend I realized all my extra precautions and stress was hardly worth itAs mothers we want to protect our children from anything and everything within our control and I do just that. But, being terrified of germs limits our adventures which isn't good. I'm aware you need to be exposed to germs to build immunity but the exposure part is no fun!

Don't get me wrong we will still be using Babyganics Foaming Hand Sanitizer around our house. But, maybe just a tad less. I will have to brave some of the germs and enjoy life more knowing I'm truly not the one in control anyways. Times like these I count my blessings and feel thankful for our overall health!

Our weekend felt so wasted, it was way too beautiful to be sick! I'm still slightly recovering and hoping for a much better week germ free!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."(Proverbs 3:5-6)

xo
-Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment